Creating Payment Status Notifications
Payment status notifications are emails sent to merchant users and customers for specific transaction events. You can use this feature to notify customers about payment statuses and track payment statuses.
There are three sections to the payment status notifications.
- Event and Locations
- Email Template
- Review and Launch
NOTE: You should deactivate any notifications already created in the Virtual Terminal (VT) to avoid duplicity.
To create a payment status notification:
- Navigate to the Notifications Datagrid (Manage > Notifications).
- Click the Create New button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. The Create New Notification modal displays, defaulted to the Event and Locations section.
Event and Locations Section
- The name of the notification defaults to New Notification followed by the date. You can change the notification title by clicking the Edit (pencil) icon.
- Use the drop-down menu to select a Category field. The field default to Transactions.
- Use the drop-down menu for the Event field to select the action and result that will trigger the notification email. The table displays available events:
- Sale Approved
- Sale Declined
- Refund/Credit Approved
- Refund/Credit Declined
- Schedule Created
- Upcoming Schedule
NOTE: All locations under the merchant organization are automatically selected.
- After completing the Event and Locations section, click Next. The Email Template page appears.
Email Template Section
- Complete the following fields using manually entered email addresses or choosing from the drag-and-drop fields to the right.
- Reply To
- Complete the Subject field. You can change the default message by entering yours into the field.
- Complete the Message section by adding a logo to personalize the message, and customize the default message using the drag-and-drop fields or manually entering your message.
NOTE: To return to the default message, click Reset To Default or click Preview to view your message before moving to the next section. You can also use the checkbox to include the transaction receipt as an attachment.
- When the message is complete, click Continue To Review to go to the Review and Launch page.
Review and Launch Section
- Check the email configuration before sending the notification.
- Use the Edit buttons to make any changes.
- Click Launch Notification.
Editing and Deleting Payment Status Notifications
After the notification is sent, you can view it in the Notifications Datagrid. You can edit or delete the notification from the datagrid. You can also delete the notification within the Edit Notification and Notification Detail views using the Action button at the top right.
To edit the notification,
- Click the ellipsis to the right of the notification you wish to edit.
- Click Edit Notification.
- Make any changes to the title or Email Template.
- Click Save Changes.
To delete the notification:
- Click the ellipsis to the right of the notification you wish to delete.
- Click Delete Notification.
- Confirm by clicking Delete.
NOTE: You cannot recover deleted notifications. Click the red X at the top right of the Delete Notification pop-up window to exit the modal without deleting.