To use all the features of Dex, the Admin of your organization must first invite you to become a credentialed Dex user, which entails assigning you to a role. Roles are sets of individual permissions for a user and are tied to the organization(s) to which the user belongs. A user can have more than one role and hence, more than one set of permissions.
For merchants, Dex's out-of-the-box roles include the following:
- Merchant Admin: The organization's owner who has maximum permissions and can invite new users to the organization.
- Merchant Manager: A role that enables the user to manage the organization's user records, but does not enable him or her to invite new users to the organization.
- Merchant User: A role that enables the user to perform daily activities like performing transactions and creating/maintaining customer data.
- Merchant Developer: A role that gives the user full API key management access and the ability to view the different screens in Dex.
- Merchant View-Only: A roles that only enables users to view the different screens in Dex.