1. You will need to start with the template located here. You will choose: "81Series.exp" for a standard(single MID) load file.
2. You will do a find and replace(CTRL + F) on "MID4" to set the terminal ID. The first 6 digits of the terminal ID will be the MID and the last 4 digits of the terminal ID will be the last 4 digits of the serial number on the VX520 terminal. There should be 12 occurrences of the terminal ID/MID4 in the template:
3. The next step will be to create the password. You can generate a random 8 digit password here. Many merchants prefer that you use the same password that they have loaded on their other existing terminals. You can find that by looking up the merchant's other terminals in Vericentre. Then you do a find and replace on the word "random" in the template with the password. There should be 5 occurrences in the template:
4. After that, you can switch the terminal from Production to Sandbox by changing the #PRODHOST value from 1 to 0:
5. Next you can set the terminal to hybrid mode by changing the #LISTENERMODE value from 0 to 1. For RecPro, you will want to set #NUMRCPTS to 1 and #LISTENERCALCFEE to 1:
6. You can set the USB cable type under "CDPOSPRT". The default value of "D" is for Mini USB. You would change the value to "1" for a serial(RS232) to Ethernet cable:
7. The template has EMV enabled by default(For Vantiv merchants only). If the merchant is using another processor such as First Data or Elevon, you will need to turn EMV off by reversing the following values:
EMV turned on:
EMV turned off(swipe only):
8. In the next step, you will set the wording that appears on the hybrid screen(capital letters only) and set the wording that appears on main screen. You will need a caret "^" at the beginning and end of each group of letters that you want to appear as lowercase:
9. After that, you will edit the address and the header and footer information for the receipt. Make sure to add dots "..." in the sections where data is missing or there will be an error and the application will not start up:
10. Then you will set the MID and Real Time Processing Password. Make sure to enter the caret(^) before and after each group of lowercase letters in the password or you will receive an "invalid MID or password" error when you run transactions:
11. After that, you will set the convenience fee. The PG_CONV_TYPE is set to 3 by default for a min and a % convenience fee. You will need to enter the values without the decimal. For a flat fee, set the PG_CONV_TYPE to 2 and enter the PG_CONV_AMT. To turn the fee off, set the PG_CONV_TYPE to 0.
12. Don't forget to scroll down to line 178 and set VISATAX to 1 if the merchant has Debit Visa tax:
13. You can enable and set custom prompts if needed under TICKETIDPROMPT and CONSUMERIDPROMPT(these do not work in hybrid mode):
14. You will want to save the file with the .exp extension:
15. Then you will upload the file using Legacy Import in Vericentre:
16. Always make sure to select "Prod" for the cluster ID:
17. Then Import the file by clicking the "Import" button:
It takes several seconds to upload the file. If it fails to upload, there may be a file with the same terminal ID uploaded to Vericentre already. It is a good idea to double check the values in Vericentre after the upload completes.