What are the benefits with Forte Checkout 2.0?
Forte Checkout 2.0 has a robust set of new features and capabilities that will improve the overall customer experience. These new features include: has a robust set of new features and capabilities that will improve the overall customer experience. These new features include:
- A new responsive design: Adapts to any screen size on any device that the end user selects, whether it's a desktop, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Spanish support: Forte Checkout instructions and labels will be displayed in Spanish if the end user's browser has Spanish enabled.
- Option for new cardholder name field: The cardholder name can be displayed on the modal window by passing "show_cardholder_name." Please note that this is an opt-in field that will remain hidden by default.
- EMV support: Forte Checkout now supports EMV with the eDynamo device that currently connects to a PC via USB. Bluetooth connectivity will be added at a later stage. If you would like to add in-person payments, whether in-office or via a mobile device, please contact your sales agent or email email@example.com.
- International phone support: International numbers will be supported under the billing and shipping sections when selecting a country other than the US.
- Additional line items: Support for up to 10,000 line items per transaction (previously 100 line items).
- New sec_code button tag: To support the recent NACHA requirements, a new tag has been added to pass a valid SEC code when creating a transaction or schedule. If an invalid SEC code is selected, the merchant will receive "invalid parameter sec_code" error, and if no code is selected the system will default to WEB.
- Address Verification Service (AVS): Forte Check now supports AVS for credit card sale and auth transactions that occur in the United States (i.e., billing_country = US). These settings can be configured in Dex by the Admin of your organization. Merchants can now choose the following AVS settings for their transactions in Forte Checkout:
- Don't perform AVS checks
- Check AVS but don't decline on mismatch
- Check AVS and decline on mismatch
- For more information on configuring these settings, see Working with Card Services Settings in the Dex Merchant Help documentation (if you're a partner, click here for the Dex Partner Help documentation).
Please contact your Account Manager or our Technical Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions related to this notice.