As we continue to evolve our Dex platform into a one-stop-shop for all customer needs, we will begin efforts to retire the Virtual Terminal (VT) and migrate all merchant functionality to Dex. Effective Q4 2019, we will begin onboarding all partners’ merchants exclusively with Dex access and will no longer provide VT credentials. With this change, merchants will receive a Dex invite in lieu of the approval letter and must log in to Dex to access all their processing credentials.
Effective Q4 2019, Forte will no longer send out approval letters to merchants and partners. Instead, merchants will receive a Dex invite and will have the ability to access and manage their processing credentials through Dex. As part of this change, partners will have the option to define the type of access their merchants should have in Dex at time of onboarding. These options may vary based in the partner relationship - ISO or ISV, and the merchant access may include:
Full Dex Access:
- Merchants will be able to use all available merchant facing modules in features in Dex
Disputes Only Access:
- Merchants will be limited to the Dex disputes module which allows the user access to view transactions related to the chargebacks listed.
Reporting and Disputes Only Access (future role, not currently available):
- Merchants will have view-only access to the transactions and funding data grids with the exporting function enabled, as well as full disputes management permissions in Dex.
Important Information Regarding Dex Access
In Q3, additional information will be provided regarding merchants recommended Dex access according to their partner model.
- Most merchants belonging to existing partners will receive Disputes Only access in addition to the current applicable approval letters. Any modifications to this will be noted in the existing partner vertical.
- All new Forte partner relationships established June 2019 or later will begin utilizing Dex, and their associated merchants will also be provided full Dex access unless otherwise noted in the partner vertical.
- New merchant accounts from new partners who do not have a vertical established will also received full Dex access.
If you have concerns about the level of access your merchants will receive please please refer to our Disputes Management notice found in this bulletin for more details or contact email@example.com
Who is Impacted?
All partners’ merchants and partners that currently receive approval letters and or processing credentials on behalf of their merchants. The above changes require that the merchant receives a Dex invite to access the necessary credentials in addition to the ability to manage disputes, directly from Forte at time of onboarding or the partner assumes the communication of new credentials and Dex onboarding process for their new merchants.
Partners who elect to manage the onboarding process for their merchants will be given additional Dex permissions to assign merchant credentials in Dex. Partners who choose to onboard their merchants will be required to provide Dex "Disputes Only" access to their merchants, unless they fully integrate their solution via REST to the disputes object. More information about this integration can found in our dev docs.
When will the Changes Occur?
Merchant's access to Dex for disputes management will begin effective June 15th if they have not already requested an invite. Other changes related to the Partner Portal retirement, merchant onboarding and related existing approval letter process are slated to occur in Q4 2019. Partners will receive advance notice and will have the ability to test the new process before the official Dex launch for new merchants and retirement of Virtual Terminal credentials.