Forte recommends building a file containing a small quantity of debit (i.e., sale) and/or credit (i.e., refund) transactions each valued at ≤ $2.00. Prior to the first formal transmittal, upload the file to the root ("/") of your user account on ftp.paymentsgateway.net and request that your Integration Specialist review your file.
After this initial preparation, complete the following steps:
- Formally upload the file for processing as described in the file specification.
- Await settlement of transmitted items. To update your internal systems with the item's settlement details, use the following resources:
- Virtual Terminal online reporting
- Programmatic Web Services (Client, Merchant, SPOT, Transaction Detail API) or "S"ettlement files made available in the 'dl' folder.
- For items settled or funded to your account, build a file containing reversal transactions
- Repeat the prior three steps as needed.